Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cats Really Love My Handknits (well, at least one cat)

I received what may be the ultimate compliment today, and it was from a cat.

I recently finished a pair of fingerless mittens and mailed them out to a friend (similar to the ones pictured at right). She called today to say how thrilled she was to receive them yesterday and how she was so excited to wear them this morning, since it had gotten chilly by her.

Except ...

She has a cat who apparently has a habit of stealing one or two particular things from her house and showing up with them later as a "present". There's a dishtowel and a fleece sweatshirt that the cat steals and gives back later, unharmed. What these things have in common is that they are both very soft.

Well, apparently my fingerless mittens are just too soft to resist (they're made from a blended silk and bamboo yarn after all). When my friend excitedly went to grab her new prized possessions from next to the laptop where she had left them, one of them was missing. Just one of them. So clearly the cat has found a new favorite soft plaything. My friend had to leave for work, so there wasn't enough time to go looking for the cat or the mitten. Argh! It will have to be one more day before she gets to wear them for the first time...

It's nice to know that my work is appreciated by humans and felines alike.

You can purchase mittens just like these from my Etsy shop at piefairyprincess.com. And, as always, you can contact me directly if there is anything you would like me to custom-make for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment