Monday, March 16, 2009

BLOG DUH MOMENT -- Really Long Duh Moment

I've been doing some research on getting noticed. In order to get more traffic to my site, people have recommended starting a BLOG. This past weekend my husband helped me set one up.

Last night, I was in a forum where the topic was "Follow". If you follow me, then I will follow you. I thought, "Great, how hard could this be?" I joined the forum, and I was very sleepy and couldn't keep my eyes open, so I left it explaining that I would hopefully get some followers today.

Husband is at work, children are in school. It's quiet, and I saw that I got my first follower. That made my morning. Thank you. So I figured I would just click on a pic and follow. Boy was I mistaken. I've never felt dumber in my life. It got even worse when I finally got a window to pop up and it said follow but it was showing Pie Fairy Princess. Huh? Ok, so maybe it's not going to go to follow me, maybe this is just how it shows up. CLICK! OH NO!!! Pie Fairy Princess now has 2 followers, can you guess who number 2 is? That's right, it's my lucky day. I am freaking out because now I look like a complete idiot. It's official, I am really following myself. Now, how do I go about quickly deleting me following myself? Finally, I found a "delete follower" button, and I was hoping it wasn't going to delete my entire BLOG which my husband had spent time setting up for me. Whooo, big, huge sigh of relief. I am back to one follower, and I no longer follow myself!!!

As you can see, I still haven't figured out how to follow others. Maybe I should just stick to the knitting. I can't believe that I was just sitting staring at the computer and had this horrible feeling of being locked in this screen without the proper buttons to click on. All you professional bloggers out there, have you ever had this experience or any idiotic experience navigating your BLOG? Tell me your Blogging duh moment.

Anyway, never mind about all that. I sell handknits. Buy some already, will ya?

1 comment: